Skip to main content

Mindful Living Week 1 (Friday)


 The First Step is Always the Hardest- Day 5


Happy Friday!!


We have made it through the first week of blog posts! As well as accomplished another week of living! I don’t know about you, but I am definitely ready for the weekend. But there is still work to be done. 


I hope you all have found the time to follow along this week as we have been cleaning our living spaces. If not, I hope you find the time to start this process this weekend. It may take a while, so remember to be patient, progress takes time. But by doing this, we are encouraging ourselves to build habits with a fresh start. 


Today’s Tasks


Today’s tasks may seem tedious, but if you need to spread them over the course of the weekend, please do so. We are finalizing the touches on giving a deep cleaning in our homes. I want to remind you all that I know every living situation is different, so some may have other spaces to organize and clean than what we have talked about. 


  • Organize and declutter the living room. 

  • Sweep, mop, vacuum floors, carpets, and couches. 

  • Dust fixtures and surfaces throughout the house. 

  • Do the same in your bedroom. 

  • Finish any laundry that has built up since the beginning of the week. 

  • Reorganize any spaces that may have gotten cluttered since your initial cleaning. 

  • Look for any other space that may need to be organized and cleaned.


And that’s it!! You have done it. This may take longer for some than others, but that is okay. I hope you all can feel proud of what you have accomplished and share it with those you love!!


Using Mindfulness

 

If you are able, over the weekend I would like you to go out, and find yourself a “handy, dandy” daily journal. I will be encouraging you to use this journal to make daily entries. I am not going to tell you what to write, but I encourage you to write out any emotions, stressors, or anxieties you may have that day. Or simply reflect on the day before,  or the day you had if you write at night. 


Many people find writing as a great way to explore their feelings, and some may find that over time they may become great writers. I myself love to think of myself as a writer but I enjoy sitting down and creating poetry. If you enjoy the same, use your journal for poetry, or any other genre of writing you enjoy!1


Resources


The idea for having a daily journal comes from the article (link provided below) “50 Tips for Practicing Mindfulness “. In this article Rochemartin gives great examples and practices of mindfulness that are accessible to a majority of individuals. Take a look at the article and see if you can incorporate any of these practices in your everyday life. 


https://www.rochemartin.com/blog/50-tips-practising-mindfulness/ 


Congratulations!!


This is the first step, and I do not doubt how hard it could’ve been. But this is all pushing towards building better habits. Share your progress and your accomplishments in the comments, or with those you love. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mindful Living- Week 1 (Monday)

  The First Step is Always the Hardest Happy Monday Everyone!! I apologize for the delay in posts. It was all set for the start of this week as we prepare for our first “blog series”- “The First Step is Always the Hardest”. This week's series involves a big task that will help begin the encouragement of beginning new and better habits.  This week on Mindful Living, we will be decluttering, organizing, and deep cleaning our living spaces. Now, I know this first step can feel overwhelming and you may say, “Well I don’t even know where to start!!” Do not worry! This task is broken up into a series of steps to help cope with those overwhelming feelings.  As some of you know, I am building habits with you all. A couple weeks ago I accomplished this first step and let me tell you, it is so important and necessary!! It allowed me to have a fresh start and that is so important when building new habits. But I cannot lie either, I needed help to do this and I encourage all of you to reach ou

WELCOME!!

Hello all! Welcome to my blog! This is a safe space for anyone to come to when looking for motivation to do all kinds of tasks. Depression, anxiety, ADHD and other mental illnesses can make some of the “simplest” of tasks some of the hardest, and it can be especially hard to get into the routine of not practicing habits or having a routine at all. I hate calling any task a “simple” one, because some days we wake up, and even brushing our teeth sounds like running a marathon.    The name of this blog is “Mindful Living”, because practicing reflections of our well-being through “mindfulness” is a practice that many people use to be aware of their feelings, environment, and situation they may be in. According to mayoclinic.org, mindfulness is defined as “a type of meditation in which you focus on being intensely aware of what you’re sensing and feeling in the moment, without interpretation or judgement”, (mayoclinic.org).  By practicing mindfulness throughout this blog, I hope it will all