Skip to main content

Mindful Living- Week 1 (Wednesday)


 The First Step is Always the Hardest- Day 3


Happy Humpday- AKA WEDNESDAY!


We are halfway through our series of “The First Step is Always the Hardest- Cleaning Our Living Spaces”, (as well as half way to the weekend.. WOHOOO!!). I am so proud of you all, as well as myself because I’m doing it with you!! I hope you all accomplished what you wanted to the last couple of days, but if not that is totally okay!! 


All of us have crazy schedules, so realistically many of you may not have been able to start on your journey yet. And that is okay!! That is the specific reason for what today’s blog was designed for.  The lists are observable and public at any time so you can always go back and follow the tasks at your own pace. 


Today’s Tasks


Today I want you to try and do the following:


  • Take a break!!!!!!

    • We all need days to recover (I did this myself today). Take your free time today to get any other things that you need to get done in your life completed. However, if you feel that this will mess up the productivity of cleaning your living space, then please by all means, DO MORE!!1

  • Self Care- whatever that may look like to you…

  • Continue listening to your hunger/ thirst cues. 

  • Get a good night's sleep to prepare for tomorrow’s busy day. 


Using Mindfulness


When I start feeling productive, I find it immensely hard to allow myself to relax. However, I really hope all of you allow yourself today to do so. Understanding that it is okay to take a break is something hard to learn when building new and better habits, but self care always comes first. 


If you feel yourself struggling with the same things, use one of the resources I have provided in the previous blogs, and try out a new tool to help cope. Try to understand your reasoning of feeling this distress, while knowing that this means you are making progress!!


Resources


Today I will not be recommending any resources, however I would like you to go back to previous blogs and find some more use out of the ones I already recommended. They all have so many great resources incorporated into them, so really exploring each one may open new doors for you. 


Happy Relaxing!


Get some rest! Be ready to get into the swing of things tomorrow. The next blog will be posted early tomorrow morning, to allow all of you to be prepared of what to expect!! 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME!!

Hello all! Welcome to my blog! This is a safe space for anyone to come to when looking for motivation to do all kinds of tasks. Depression, anxiety, ADHD and other mental illnesses can make some of the “simplest” of tasks some of the hardest, and it can be especially hard to get into the routine of not practicing habits or having a routine at all. I hate calling any task a “simple” one, because some days we wake up, and even brushing our teeth sounds like running a marathon.    The name of this blog is “Mindful Living”, because practicing reflections of our well-being through “mindfulness” is a practice that many people use to be aware of their feelings, environment, and situation they may be in. According to mayoclinic.org, mindfulness is defined as “a type of meditation in which you focus on being intensely aware of what you’re sensing and feeling in the moment, without interpretation or judgement”, (mayoclinic.org).  By practicing mindfulness throughout this blog,...